Monday, October 29, 2012

Under the Weather

My little baby, ahem...not soooo little (2nd grade already!), was under the weather last week. I got to spend the day at home with her while she rested and recharged.  Thankfully, we had parent-teacher-conferences, so she didn't have school Thursday or Friday anyway!

While she was snoozing, I started working on a mini-unit about weather.  Why I started on weather, I'm not sure. I think Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Veteran's Day might have been more current, but I had an idea and I went with it!

I will be using this unit with my kindergarten friends when they are learning about weather with their classroom teachers! It is my first unit, so I'm sure it won't knock your socks off, but I think it still turned out pretty cute!


You can access this mini-unit in my TpT store HERE or click on the pictures above!

Oh, and I do remember what motivated me to do the weather unit - A Storm Called Katrina  by Myron Uhlberg. It's a beautiful book that is also nominated for the Bill Martin Jr. Picture Book Award, but that's another blog post for another day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment